WHEREAS, Rule 12.750, Florida Family Law Rules of Procedure, authorizes chief judges to establish and operate self-help programs under the auspices of the court to facilitate access to family courts, and
WHEREAS, statistics show that a large percentage of family law case filings involve at least one self represented litigant, and
WHEREAS, the undersigned believes that to the extent possible, the Seventh Judicial Circuit Court should take steps to ensure that it is accessible, convenient, understandable and affordable to the citizens of the circuit;
NOW THEREFORE, I, TERENCE R. PERKINS, Chief Judge of the Seventh Judicial Circuit of Florida, authorize the Court Administrator’s office to operate a Family Self-Help Program for purposes of assisting self represented litigants to achieve fair and efficient resolutions to their family law cases.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED as follows:
1. The Self-Help Program described herein operates under the auspices of the court in Flagler, Putnam and Volusia counties.
2. “Family Law cases” include those categories of cases enumerated in this court’s administrative order establishing a Family Law Division.
3. Services provided by program staff comports with those outlined in Rule 12.750(c), Florida Family Law Rules of Procedure.
4. Program services are made available to all self represented litigants in family law cases, regardless of income, unless otherwise provided by law.
5. A disclaimer entitled “Notice of Limitation of Services Provided” (see Rule 12.750(h), Florida Family Law Rules of Procedure) is posted in each Self-Help Program office.
6. Administrative order FM-2002-008-SC is hereby rescinded effective October 1, 2015.
Nothing in this Order shall be construed to limit or restrict services provided to family law litigants by Clerks of Court or other agencies.
TO BE RECORDED in Flagler, Putnam, St. Johns and Volusia counties.
DONE AND ORDERED in Daytona Beach, Volusia County, Florida, this 27th day of August 2015.
Courts in Flagler and Volusia closed November 9, 10 & 11. Courts in Putnam and St. Johns closed ...Read More
Congrats to Judges Chris Kelly and Joe Boatwright for making the list of finalists to be considered ...Read More
Court operations have resumed in Flagler, Putnam, St. Johns and Volusia counties.Read More