WHEREAS, Baker Act (§394.451, FL. Stat.), Marchman Act (§397.30l, FL. Stat.) and Adult Protective Services Act (§4l5.101, FL. Stat.) hearings are required to be reported at public expense, and
WHEREAS, the Seventh Judicial Circuit has elected to make a record in these proceedings by electronic means as provided by Rule 2.535(h)(4), Florida Rules of Judicial Administration;
NOW THEREFORE, I, WILLIAM A. PARSONS, Chief Judge of the Seventh Judicial Circuit of Florida, hereby order as follows:
1. Baker Act, Marchman Act and Adult Protective Services Act hearings are to be electronically recorded.
2. The electronic recording equipment is to be operated in such a manner as to ensure the production of an accurate, understandable record.
3. Personnel operating recording equipment shall maintain logs of all proceedings recorded during each court session. The logs and corresponding recordings shall be properly identified and safely stored. Retention of these records shall be in accordance with Rule 2.430(e),Florida Rules of Judicial Administration.
4. Parties may obtain copies of recordings for a fee set by the Chief Judge..
5. In the event a party would like to obtain a transcript of a proceeding, he/she must purchase a copy of the recording and make independent arrangements for its transcription with a certified court reporter or transcriber.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that Administrative Order PB-2003-017-VL is hereby rescinded.
TO BE RECORDED in Volusia County, FL.
DONE AND ORDERED in Daytona Beach, Volusia County, Florida this 19th day of September 2011.
Volusia DUI Court celebrated its 10-year anniversary with a ceremony on April 27. ...Read More
New employment opportunities have been posted atRead More
Courts throughout the Seventh Judicial Circuit will be closed on Friday, April 15th in observance of...Read More